The most popular social network for professionals is LinkedIn. If you have a company, you must definitely join this platform.
Having a business page on LinkedIn helps other users to get information about your company or business:
- Working opportunities
How to create a LinkedIn business page
More and more businesses are actively participating on social networks. However, LinkedIn is the most relevant for companies that are mainly focused on the professional world.
Therefore, we are going to explain how to make a place on LinkedIn for your company step by step:
- Access your LinkedIn profile or the one that you are planning to have as administrator of the page you are about to create.
- Once in the account, click the work tab represented by an icon with several little squares in the top-right corner of your homepage.
3. Click Create a Company Page in the menu
4. Now it’s time to create your page. Add your Company name and a URL to find your page on LinkedIn. You must check the verification box to confirm that you have the right to act on behalf of the company.
Company Page URL:
- It must include at least one non-numeric character
- It can include lowercase letters, numbers, hyphens and Unicode characters in Japanese, Korean or Chinese.
- However, hyphens can’t be added at the beginning or the end of the URL. The hyphens can’t be consecutive either.
CAUTION! Any character that is not allowed by the platform will be automatically replaced with a hyphen.
LinkedIn will ask you for other additional data such as:
- Type of business
- Company size (number of employees)
- Main sector
- Year of creation
Click the Create Page button and get started!
Once you have created a Company Page, you must start editing it:
- Add a profile picture: The company’s logo or an image that helps the public to recognize your business.
- Upload a cover image: You can find a complete updated guide about the right dimensions of your LinkedIn images here
- Include a company description: if someone clicks on your company, this will help them to understand what your business does. It can contain between 250 and 2,000 characters.
How to improve your company page
Have you already created a company page? Now you need to optimize it to increase the reach and get more followers. Find some valuable tips below:
Use keywords related to your niche market
LinkedIn is a SEO-friendly platform. For that reason, make sure you properly choose the keywords in your company description to boost your reach.
Add as much information as possible
There is no such thing as too much information. Don’t leave users wanting more information and discourage them.
Optimize your LinkedIn Company Page
This page will be the window display of your company, it’s what customers will see. Use all the potential that LinkedIn offers to show what your company does. Always keep the information about the products and services that you provide up-to-date.
Connect with your audience
Respond to all the queries users might have and reply to all the comments on your publications.
Remember that LinkedIn is both a professional and social network.
Promote your content
Publish relevant updates about your company. Create awareness about a topic, build relationships and capture new customers. This is a good way to increase reach and boost the visibility of your page.
Use images to capture attention
Photos are very successful on social networks. They are very visual and attract the attention of the public very quickly.
Besides, images make pages more attractive and improve the experience of visitors.
Add your contact information
Never forget your contact info. User should find it easily, otherwise they will get tired and forget about it.
So now you know everything you need to create a LinkedIn Company Page and get the most of it. We are looking forward to hearing for you and knowing how your experience went.