Like most websites, we use own and third party cookies for analytical purposes and to show you personalised advertising or based on your browsing habits.
Generally, the information does not directly identify you, but can provide you with a more personalised web experience. Because we respect your right to privacy, you may choose not to allow us to use certain cookies. However, blocking some types of cookies may affect your experience on the site and the services we can offer.
The world’s best-known social platform for professionals is LinkedIn. If you have a company, it makes sense to register it on the most famous social network in the business world: discover LinkedIn for business.
If you are not up to date with LinkedIn check our guide to
Creating a company page on LinkedIn helps other members have information about your business:
- Work Opportunities
How to create a business page
More and more businesses are getting ahead with social networks. However, nothing compares to LinkedIn for companies that want to mark their territory in the professional world.
For this reason we are going to explain step by step how you can create your own unique space on LinkedIn:
- Access your LinkedIn profile or the one you want to have as administrator of the page you are going to create
- Once in the account you have to click on the work tab that appears at the top right with the icon of a few squares.
- Once the menu has been opened you have to click on the last option: create company page.
4. You have now reached the moment where you have to create your page. Add your company name and the URL you want to show on LinkedIn.
You also have to mark the check box, thus confirming that you have the right to act on behalf of the company.
The URL of the page:
- It must contain at least one non-numeric character
- You can include lowercase letters, numbers, hyphens, and Unicode characters in Japanese, Korean, or Chinese
- You cannot include hyphens at the beginning or end. Also, two hyphens in a row are not allowed in the URL
Heads Up! Any character that is not allowed by the platform will automatically be replaced by a hyphen.
LinkedIn will ask you for other information such as:
- Company type
- Company size (measured in number of workers)
- Main sector of the company
- Year of creation
✅ Now you have created your company page!
Once the LinkedIn for Business page is created; it’s time to customize it:
- Add a profile picture: the company logo or the image with which the public recognizes it
- Upload a cover image.
- Write a description of your business: if someone re-enters your page, they have to know what your company does. This must be between 250 and 2,000 characters.
How to improve your company page
Have you already created the page? Now it’s your turn to optimize and improve it as much as you can to increase your reach and get more followers. Here are some tips:
✅ Use keywords related to your niche
LinkedIn is very SEO friendly. For this reason, make sure you use the keywords well in the description of your company and thus increase the scope.
✅ Add as much information as possible relevant to your business
Be sure to include as much relevant info about your business as possible so your customers get a clear and sufficient sense of what your business does.
✅ Optimize your LinkedIn page
As you already know, this page is the digital showcase of your business, it is what customers see. Use the potential of this professional social network to inform others of what the company does and keep your services and products section updated.
✅ Connect with your audience
Answer user questions and reply to their comments in posts.
LinkedIn is a social network as well as a professional one.
✅ Sponsor your content
Post relevant company updates so you can raise awareness about different topics, create relationships and attract new customers. This way you can also increase the reach and get more visibility from your page. Then create LinkedIn ads about your content to gain even more visibility.
✅ Use images to capture attention
With social networks, photos succeed, they are visual content and they draw the public’s attention very quickly.
In addition, the images make the pages more attractive and improve the experience of visitors. As with all social networks, take care that your images are of the highest quality and attract the attention of other users.
✅ Add contact details
Never forget your contact details so users can reach out. Users have to find this data quickly, otherwise they get tired of searching and give up or forget.
Now you have the know all to use LinkedIn for business. It’s your turn to create your page and make the most of it.
Tell us in the comments how it went! 👇🏻