Social Media Marketing world is a digital and social media marketing event. This conferences started in 2013 and has become the largest annual event in the digital marketing industry since then. The SMMW has been hosted in San Diego and this year was held from 20th to 22nd March.
Social media marketing world in data
As usual, Metricool’s real-time hashtag tracker has monitored Social Media Marketing World 2019 (#SMMW19) to analyze all the information about this event and to understand what happened during these days in San Diego.
The SMMW19 has also had a great impact on Instagram and these are the data:
- 156K interactions in total
- 145K likes in total
- 11,054 unique comments
- 3,234 posts shared
During the event, the moment with more posts on Instagram was the last day at 9:00 in the morning, where the Keynote talk was going on.
Moreover, in Instagram what was most shared were images, followed by carousels and surprisingly the videos were the least shared.
With Metricool’s data we can know the impact that this digital marketing event had in Twitter.
So the most impact data we conclude through the Twitter information is:
- 25,607 tweets
- 4,055 unique participants
- 7,417 pictures shared
- 744M impressions
However, we can get more interesting information if we dig a bit more into this data. If we look at the evolution and the activity on Twitter.
SMMW is a global event with a huge impact on Twitter around the world. This is the top 5 of the countries that have participated most in the event via Twitter:
- United States
- United Kingdom
If we analyze the graph by hour, we can observe how the second day is the one where people tweeted the most, the golden hour was at 9:00 am on Thursday 21st March, when talks began.
SMMW 2019 was a trending topic in different locations across the world. We should highlight that it became trending topic at San Diego for 72 hours and in other locations of the United States such as Longe Beach and San Francisco for more than 1 hour. SMMW19 has also been trending topic for 2 hours and 45 minutes in Australia.
The ten people with the most interactions on Twitter were:
- Mari Smith: She is the person with the most interactions. Mari published 187 tweets and got 1,627 likes.
- Chris Strub: He has more than 3,200 interactions. Chris was very active during the event with 221 tweets and 1,901 likes.
- Social Media Examiner: Organizer of the event and one of the accounts over 3,000 interactions.
- Gene Petrov: Leadership coach at the event. He had more than 2,757 interactions and posted more than 830 tweets.
- Ryan Foland: International speaker who relayed the event through twitter with more than 2,700 interactions.
- Madalyn Sklar: Twitter marketing expert. She published 253 tweets and got 2,667 interactions.
- Dan Gingiss: He published 168 photos from the event and published 312 tweets.
- MayKing Tea: She was the person that tweeted the most during the event with 1,127 tweets and 261 photos.
- Christine Gritmon: She received more than 600 mentions and tweeted 471 tweets during the SMMW.
- Brian Fanzor: He published more than 80 tweets and 29 pictures during the event. He has 689 mentions.
In addition to monitoring hashtags on Twitter and Instagram with Metricool you can monitor your social network accounts and those of your competitors. With Metricool you can plan and program your content strategy and get all the reports you need to see the evolution of your communities.
Do you want to know the impact of Social Media Marketing World 2018? You have here all the information.