Like most websites, we use own and third party cookies for analytical purposes and to show you personalised advertising or based on your browsing habits.
Generally, the information does not directly identify you, but can provide you with a more personalised web experience. Because we respect your right to privacy, you may choose not to allow us to use certain cookies. However, blocking some types of cookies may affect your experience on the site and the services we can offer.
Google Business Profiles allows you to manage how your local business shows up across Google products, like Maps and Search. It helps make it very easy for customers to contact and locate you. Having this profile also can significantly help with the legitimacy and credibility of your business by having accurate and updated information at all times along with current reviews from customers that are easily accessible to viewers.
Google Business Profile, formally known as ‘Google My Business’, is a great idea to be a part of if you want to increase the visibility of your business. So let’s dive into the basics!
What is a Google Business Profile
A Business Profile is a free tool for business owners to utilize on Google to help connect with their customers. This gives you a place to update your customers on your location, hours, and ways to contact you. It is also 100% free.
How to Create a Google Business Profile
If you are starting from scratch and want to set up your own Business Profile, you just need to follow these simple steps:
Step 1. Head on over to Google Maps
- Open up the menu and hit ‘Add My Business
Step 2. Create a Business Account
- Hit create an account and choose the “Manage my business’ option
- Fill out your preferred information
- Verify your phone number
- Read the terms and conditions and hit agree
Step 3. Fill in your Business Name and Business Category
- Type in your business name exactly as it is
- Choose a category that is offered
Step 4. Add Location
- If you have a storefront, add the location of your business
- If you do not, skip this step
Step 5. Add your service location
- This is where Google will ask you if you provide deliveries or home and office visits.
Step 6. Fill in your contact information
- Add your phone number and website URL
Step 7. Updates and Information
- Stay in the know with Google updates and info to benefit your business
Step 8. Verify your Listing
- Until you hit verify it will not be searchable so be sure to hit that verify button!
How To Use Google Business Profile
To use Google Business Profile to the full extent it is important to utilize these features as well.
- Info– This is where you add the basics of your business. This is also where you can add quick updates such as changed hours on holidays, specials, etc.
- Photos– This is where customers can view images others have posted as well as the ones you choose to upload
- Products and Services– This is where you can tell potential customers about your business. Brag a little.
- Calls and Messages– Google has the ability to track calls and messages that come to your business through Google.
- Insights– This is where you can see how people are finding your business
- Posts– This is where you can keep your customers updated and gain new ones with relevant and consistent info
- Reviews– Arguably the most important part is where you can showcase what customers have said about you and your business.
Google Business Profile Features
You are allocated 750 characters to describe your business. Be sure to include your products or services, your unique selling point, your history, and anything else unique to your business. Be sure to avoid offensive content, links, HTML codes, or sale announcements.
You can also add a messaging feature to your profile. If you want your customers to be able to reach you on your Google profile aside from your email address or phone number you have the option to add a messaging option.
Add business photos. Pick the best photos you have that will catch the audience’s eye and those that do a good job of accurately representing your products, services, and location.
Why Should Your Business Have a Google Business Profile?
This profile provides you with the ability to list your business location on Google Maps and local search results. You can display important information about your business, including the opening/closing times, contact details, or a link to your website. It also gives you a space to show your business’s credibility by showing reviews and updated info.
How to Delete Your Google Business Profile
You have the option to delete your Google Business Profile at any time as long as it has been at least 7 days of having the profile up and running. Just follow these steps:
- Go to your Google Business Profile
- Select ‘More’ in your Business Profile Settings
- Select ‘Remove Business Profile’
- Select ‘Continue’
- Select ‘Done’
There is so much more to do with a Google Business Profile and we have just gone over the basics if you want to be sure to read our blog on attracting more customers every day with Google Business Profile by clicking the button below: