Planning and scheduling your social media content is essential to carry out a successful social media marketing strategy.
An active profile on any social network allows users to get to know your business well and interact with you. Even, it increases the chances that they become customers.
When you develop and design a social media strategy, most companies or users launch in more than one network, helping them reach more customers and gain more visibility.
Social Media scheduling with Metricool
With Metricool, you can plan and program your social networks effectively, and in this post, we’ll tell you everything about it. You have two options:
▶️ ️ FREE version: you can schedule your social media content of all the social profiles associated with one brand and up to 50 publications per month.
▶️ ️ Premium version: You can connect more than one brand and program up to 2,000, 5,000, or 10,000 publications per month, depending on the premium plan chosen.
What social networks can I plan with Metricool?
With the Metricool planner, you can schedule content on the main social networks weekly, monthly, and even annually.
Here are the specifications of each social network that you can program with Metricool:
If you want to connect Instagram and schedule content on your account, your profile must be professional (business or content creator).
If you intend to schedule your content and have it published directly on Instagram, keep in mind that it is only possible with business accounts.
On Instagram, you can post in two different ways:
- Plan your posts with a single video or photo, and automatically publish in the Instagram feed.
- Schedule any type of content via email or push notifications.
Geolocate your Instagram posts and tag other accounts: you can add a place to your Instagram posts and tag people by clicking on the image where you want to add the tag.
✓ Auto- publication in feed, it’s possible if you schedule a single image or a video.
Images must be in JPEG format and meet the following requirements:
- Maximum file size: 8MB
- Aspect ratio: Must be within a 4:5 to 1.91:1 range
- Minimum width: 320 (will be scaled up to the minimum if necessary)
- Maximum width: 1440 (will be scaled down to the maximum if necessary)
- Height: Varies, depending on width and aspect ratio
Videos must be in MOV or MP4 format and meet the following requirements:
- Container: MOV or MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14), no edit lists, moov atom at the front of the file.
- Audio codec: AAC, 48khz sample rate maximum, 1 or 2 channels (mono or stereo).
- Video codec: HEVC or H264, progressive scan, closed GOP, 4:2:0 chroma subsampling.
- Frame rate: 23-60 FPS.
If your posts don’t meet these requirements, the planner will warn you that something is wrong. So don’t worry, you will have everything under control.
✓ Push notification: you can plan carousels, reels, IGTV, and stories via push notifications through the Metricool app or by email. Also, remember that if your Instagram account is not business, the option to auto-publish is not available either.
Plan and schedule all your posts from Metricool. Pay attention to some indications to make it easier for you:
- If you want the preview of a link to display, then you can’t add an image. The link will preview regardless of where it goes in the text. If there are two links, it will preview the last one.
- If you want to change the photo that appears in the link, it can only be in your domain. Also, verify the link in the Business Manager to help Facebook prevent fake news from being published.
- You can mention other pages from the planner by manually adding the page name with the @ in front. When you want to mention an account, Metricool will help you by auto-filling the words.
On Twitter, you can also plan the content ahead of time from Metricool according to the best hours when your community shows more activity on this platform.
When you want to plan content on Twitter, you can also:
- Mention other accounts by manually adding the account’s name with @ in front.
- If you want to publish audiovisual content on Twitter, these are the specifications to follow:
- Type of image format allowed: JPG, PNG, and GIF.
- Maximum image size: 5MB (8192 x 8192 px).
- Maximum GIF size: 15 MB.
- Video length: between 0.5 and 30 seconds.
- Maximum size of videos: 15 MB.
With LinkedIn, it is possible to publish a preview of the link or a clickable image. To do this, you must take into account when posting that:
- If you add the link, wherever it is, without the attached image: the link will be previewed.
- If you add a link within the text and attached image: the image will be displayed (not clickable).
- If you add a link at the end of the text and an image, the image will be clickable and lead to the link.
GOOGLE MY BUSINESS
You can also schedule posts for your Google My Business listing. In this way, when a person searches for information about your company on Google, they can access your publications.
Also, keep in mind that the posts you make on Google My Business have an expiration date, so planning and programming the content from Metricool will ensure that the information is always available on your profile.
From Metricool, you can publish both for the Posts and Photos section. Depending on how you schedule the content, it will be published differently:
- Text: the post is published.
- Text + link: post with button and link preview.
- Text + image: post with an image.
- Text + link + image: post with image with button.
- Image (without any text): Photo post type.
How Metricool Planner works
Now that you know what social networks you can plan with Metricool and all the requirements and specifications to do it successfully, it’s time to get down to work and let us show you how the planner works to save you time and improve your organization.
First, access the Metricool Planning section on the main menu at the top, where you will find the calendar.
Let’s review it in detail. We’ll explain everything about our planner so you get the most out of this section.
✅ CREATE NEW POSTS
As soon as you access the Metricool planner, the first thing you find at the top right is the option to create a new post.
Go for it!
Click here, and you will find everything you need to create a post on any social network connected to Metricool.
- You can select the social network in which you want to share this publication, and you can choose one or several platforms to publish simultaneously.
- Select the time and day you want to schedule this post.
- Do you want to add a GIF, image, or video? Add them at the bottom.
- If you want to hide the URL if, for example, it’s too long, you can use the Metricool shortener.
On the right, you can see the preview of the post that you will plan to see how it’d look on your networks once it publishes. You can see how it’d display both on desktop and mobile.
You can filter the social networks to see how the post would display on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
Not sure whether this is the final post to share on networks? Save it as a draft and retrieve it whenever you want.
Bonus track! You can also use the drafts to leave the posts pending for review of someone else on your team to take a look before scheduling them.
✅ BEST HOURS TO PUBLISH ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Let’s go back to the calendar. In the upper right corner, you will see a section called: Best Time On.
You will discover your best hours to post on your Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter account.
Metricool calculates your best hours based on the activity of your audience. The darker the color hue, the better the time to post. So we recommend that you select the darkest box and create your new publication from there.
✅ CALENDAR WITH ALL YOUR POSTS
In the calendar, you can organize all the content of your social networks.
- Visually organize the planning of each network and overview all of them.
- Change the time zone to view the best times adapted to the country’s time to which your publications are directed.
- By clicking on the planned posts, you can edit, delete, copy and drag them to another day.
You can view your content day by day, monthly or weekly.
✅ FEED PREVIEW
Do you want to control your future posts and make sure they fit well in your Instagram feed?
With the Instagram feed preview feature, you can do it.
- Keep your feed organized with your next scheduled posts (including drafts) with Metricool’s help. Schedule your content and preserve a harmonious Instagram feed.
- Change in time the post that you were going to upload to Instagram if you are not convinced of how it looks in the feed.
- Check how your scheduled and draft posts will display on Instagram. If you like how the feed looks, go ahead!
✅ PLANNER HISTORY
Wait, the planner doesn’t end here. Do you see the menu that appears on the left side column? Click on the history section.
- Filter by the social network or post status. Select posts that have already been published, are still pending, drafted, or with a publication error.
- In the search bar, you can find any publication using keywords.
- Delete the posts published on social networks directly from Metricool.
Benefits of scheduling your social media content
Having all your work organized and not leaving anything to chance will be one of the most significant advantages of using a social planner.
It will help you have a better content strategy, but there are many more advantages:
- You will save time having all the content planned ahead of time.
- You can have everything more organized and ensure that everything is in the right place.
- It will be easier for you to publish the same content on multiple networks simultaneously and, thus, ensure that your message is consistent across all social networks.
- You will keep your social platforms active in the moments of most stress with the autolists.
Now you know how easy it is for you to plan all your social media content ahead of time and all the advantages it brings. With Metricool, you can start testing this new strategy for free.