So you’ve finally decided to create a Metricool account. You’re ready to take the leap and manage your social media with this great Swiss Army knife of social media. We’ll guide you through the process of how to set up a Metricool account.
Create your Metricool Account
Being a Metricooler is easy if you know how, right? No need to panic, this mini guide will have you programming and measuring in under a minute.
- Go to the Metricool homepage and click on ‘Sign up here’ or go straight to the sign-up page.
- Choose from the two options to sign up, facebook or an email address and password.
- With the first option, you’ll use your Facebook account. If you’re logged in, it only takes one click to sign up. If not, you’ll have to log in, but you won’t have to leave the Metricool page.
- If you choose the second option, you’ll have to enter an email address and password. We’ll send you an email to the address you gave so you can finish registering and verify your email.
- Ready! Now you’re inside Metricool and can get down to work.
Remember, signing up gives you a free account. If you want to use all the Metricool functions, you’ll have to upgrade:
How to connect social media networks to Metricool
Once you’re in Metricool, you have to link the social media profiles you work with to Metricool.
Before explaining how to do this, we want you to know what a brand means on Metricool: it’s a series of social networks that belong to the same group.
Meaning, one brand encompasses all the social networks (one profile per social network) for the same business. To add other social media profiles, you’ll have to add another brand.
Now, here’s how to connect social media networks to Metricool:
- Click on your brand on the drop-down menu at the top right.
- In the tab that opens, click on ‘Connections’.
- Here you can connect your business’s social media to the platform to start working with them.
After you’ve connected them, you can start planning, measuring and winning on social media for yourself or your client.
Metricool is a tool authorized to manage social media. We don’t ask for social media accounts or passwords.
Adding a new brand to Metricool
If your brand is already on Metricool, you can add more than one brand to the platform depending on the plan you signed up for.
This option is highly useful if you are a social media manager with several clients, if you manage more than one personal brand, or if you’re a marketing agency.
- To add more brands, just click on the drop-down menu at the top right, where your account name is, and click on ‘Add a brand’.
- On the next screen, you’ll see the option to connect each of your social networks and website again.
Done! Now it’s time to get to work with the new social networks you’ve just added!
As you can see, setting up a Metricool account is easy, and so is connecting social networks or adding a new brand.
Remember, if you have a premium plan and stop using a brand, you can delete it completely from the connections dashboard to make room for a new one.
It’s time to set off on your Metricool adventure. If you want to explore all its functions, here’s our Mega tutorial with everything Metricool has to offer, so you can get to work right away.