Like most websites, we use own and third party cookies for analytical purposes and to show you personalised advertising or based on your browsing habits.
Generally, the information does not directly identify you, but can provide you with a more personalised web experience. Because we respect your right to privacy, you may choose not to allow us to use certain cookies. However, blocking some types of cookies may affect your experience on the site and the services we can offer.
All social media platforms allow you to advertise in hope of increasing the visibility of your business, and reach your target audience more quickly. Pinterest is not an exception. If you want to increase your results in the social network of pins, stay with us… This post will show you how to make ads on Pinterest.
What is Pinterest Ads, and what is it for?
Pinterest Ads are a way for businesses to promote content and help reach the target audience.
Are you familiar with Facebook Ads? What about Google Ads? Advertising on Pinterest is a mix between the ads you run on Facebook and those you can do on search engines like Google.
Pinterest users work with the network primarily to discover ideas and find inspiration on specific topics. These involve the use of keywords, thus why Pinterest also works as a search engine.
You don’t need ads to position yourself doing SEO on Pinterest. However, with Pinterest Ads, you can increase your visibility on the topics that interest you the most.
Formats on Pinterest Ads
Like other platforms, you can choose between different ad formats based on your needs. Let’s see the content formats available on Pinterest.
This is the most basic. It has no differences from traditional pins.
It consists of an image, a title, and a description.
Specs: PNG or JPEG. 20 MB. Recommended ratio: 2:3. (1000 x 1500)
Standard Width Promoted Videos
The same size as a regular pin. You can promote a video between 4 seconds and 15 minutes in this format. You can also add a title and a description.
Other Specs: .mp4, .mov or .m4v. Up to 2GB. The recommendation is making your videos square (1:1) or vertical (2:3 or 9:16).
Max. width video ads
This type of video expands across people’s entire feed on mobile. This format is only available for ads.
Specs: .mp4, .mov or .m4v. Up to 2GB.Video length between 4 seconds and 15 minutes. Aspect ratio: Square (1:1) or widescreen (16:9).
This type of ad allows you to promote apps to get downloads. You can do it through a photo or a video.
You can add multiple images (between 2 and 5) for people to swipe through.
Specs: PNG or JPEG.Max file size 32 MB per image. Aspect ratio 1:1 or 2:3.
How to make ads on Pinterest Ads: step by step
Let’s see how you can make your own ads on Pinterest, step by step:
#1. Select a campaign objective
In all social media ad campaigns, you must define the objectives you want to achieve with your social ad campaign.
Right now, on Pinterest, you can select from the following:
- Brand Awareness to help people discover your brand, products, or services.
- Video Views to encourage views and play times.
- Consideration: increase the number of Pin clicks on your ad.
- Conversions to encourage users to take the actions: register, checkout…
- Catalog sales to help people discover your products or services.
Choose the one based on your objectives and what you want to achieve with your ads.
#2. Set Up a Campaign Budget and dates
Advertising works like an auction across all social networks, meaning the best advertising placement is awarded to the highest bidder.
Therefore, Pinterest will suggest recommendations for your ads.
With this, you can select the date range in which you want your ad to run.
When we advertise on the Internet, we must define the target audience as much as possible. Consider understanding these characteristics about who you want to reach.
- Gender, age, location, languages, devices.
- Interests: What does your audience like? What type of pins do they save?
- Keywords for which you want to position your ad.
#4. Choose the creatives for your ads
As you have seen at the beginning of the article, you can make many different ads on Pinterest like videos and carousels. When planning your advertising objective, make sure you choose your creatives carefully.
You can do A/B tests with different creatives to analyze which one works best on Pinterest, so you don’t have to decide on just one.
#5. Analyze the ads
Last but not least, analyzing the ads. In the online world, we can analyze everything we do from visits to clicks to viewing time.
What’s the point of investing in Pinterest ad campaigns if you don’t analyze the performance and see if your efforts get the expected results?
So what you’re going to do is go into the Pinterest Ads analytics section. First, find out which ads are working well, so you can replicate them with ones that are not working as expected.
Pinterest Ads: yes or no?
Still wondering whether to include ads in your Pinterest marketing strategy? Don’t worry. Here we will tell you some of the advantages of creating ads on the social network of pins.
- Pinterest is a social network with significant influence at the time of purchase, so it is crucial to help users from the US decide whether to buy the product they are thinking of.
- This platform is used to find new ideas and products.
- If you want your product to be eye-catching, keep in mind that it is one of the most visual social networks.
- There is not too much advertising which means that users are not saturated with ads on this social network. In addition, this means that you do not have as much competition, making it easier to position your product with ads.
- It is a growing platform: Pinterest doesn’t stop growing, especially with its main topics. If you work in fashion, decoration, beauty, or art, don’t hesitate to be present on Pinterest and try to advertise your business.
Did you make up your mind about whether or not to include ads in your Pinterest Marketing Strategy? Share your thoughts with us 🙂