Like most websites, we use own and third party cookies for analytical purposes and to show you personalised advertising or based on your browsing habits.
Generally, the information does not directly identify you, but can provide you with a more personalised web experience. Because we respect your right to privacy, you may choose not to allow us to use certain cookies. However, blocking some types of cookies may affect your experience on the site and the services we can offer.
Email marketing is a very effective way to communicate with customers.
💡 According to Oberlo, 9 out of 10 companies spread their content via email.
However, many brands continue to use free email accounts -such as Gmail, Yahoo, and Outlook- without considering the disadvantages that this implies for their business.
Read on, and we’ll tell you what a professional email address is and why it’s right for your brand.
What is a professional email address?
You might wonder why you would need to create a professional email account when Google offers free email accounts. However, what you might not know are the advantages that come with using a professional email address.
The most important feature is a professional email address allows you to customize your email account and use your brand name. So, instead of [email protected] or [email protected], you can create an email with the structure [email protected].
✅ Note: to create a professional account with these characteristics, you must have registered your brand’s domain name. If you don’t know what a domain is or don’t have one yet, don’t worry. All you have to do is check its availability and purchase it on a platform. Try to make the domain the same as your brand’s name. Make it simple by not add characters or making it difficult to write.
A professional email address is a small significant change that will make a big impact in interactions with your customers. It will undoubtedly bring you professionalism, seriousness and reliability. It will also help users to recognize your brand. Let’s dive into all the advantages of using a professional email address!
Advantages of using a professional email
1) Brand identity: a corporate email address helps build your brand identity and reinforce this every time you send an email. Owning a domain in your account, adding a professional profile photo, and adding a signature with a logo contribute to your brand’s digital visibility. Using a professional email account is an official and verified communication channel with the same relevance as website and social media profiles.
2) Several corporate accounts: this service allows you to create different accounts under the “@yourbrand”, so that you and your entire team can have your professional email address. This allows you several options:
– Create an email for each team member: For example, [email protected], [email protected]. This is recommended for small teams or members of specific areas, such as marketing, sales, and support.
Beyond this, there are some accounts that you should create. First, [email protected], to manage first contacts with real and potential clients. Then, [email protected], as a channel where they can request specific information. Finally, [email protected], where you can manage claims.
Create a reasonable number of emails that you can handle. Having several accounts may seem sophisticated, but don’t bite off more than you can chew. Unanswered emails accumulate and what seemed like a great idea can end up becoming a problem.
3) Personal brand: if your registered domain is under your name because you work with your personal brand, you can create an email like [email protected] or [email protected].
4) Seriousness and professionalism: a professional email address indicates that the brand is serious and consolidated. Adversely, if you use a free account, it implies that you have little experience and don’t care about the details. Let’s face it. It’s not the same to receive a message from [email protected] than from [email protected].
5) Reliability: free accounts are very easy to fake. That is why free email accounts are not the best option for communicating on behalf of a brand, especially if you are conducting email marketing to sell your product or service.
A professional email address legitimizes your brand and shows that you have a genuine business that people can trust. Decrease the chances of your messages being marked as spam.
✅ Cybersecurity: free accounts are often subject to spam and hacking. Whereas private ones provide greater security, including additional protection measures. In addition, they offer an extra backup copy of all your emails, so you don’t lose them if a virus attacks your inbox.
✅ No spam: a professional email address reduces the chances of falling into the recipient’s spam box. This is a crucial point. If your email falls into spam, the recipients will not see it and the opening rate will drop drastically.
✅ Compatibility with multiple platforms: email accounts with their own domain can be used through specific tools such as Webmail, Gmail itself and other email clients. With small configuration, you will be able to use your account comfortably, without compatibility problems.
✅ Included at no cost in web hosting plans: you will know what web hosting is if you have a website. Several hosting companies offer unlimited professional email addresses when you hire their service. Yes, you heard it right! You can have as many email addresses as you need to manage your business at no cost. Research and prioritize the brands that offer you this benefit.
✅ Personal technical support: when creating a professional email address, the brand that has given you it will also offer you technical support, or at least it should. In this way, you ensure that in the event of any problem with your account, someone will be there to help you in a timely manner. This is much more difficult to achieve in the case of free services.
If you have come this far, you should have no doubts about what a professional email address is and its convenience. It offers a large number of advantages at a very low investment cost.
Now all you have to do is learn how to create a professional email address and start implementing it in your business strategy.
Have your own professional email account and enjoy all the advantages it offers! 🙂