Do you have a Twitter profile, and you wish you could somehow monetize all the content you create for this social network?
Twitter has listened to your wishes and announced a feature that allows you to charge followers for your content
This feature is called Super Follows and, although it does not have a release date yet, it has created significant excitement among users.
Here we’ll tell you what it is and how it works.
What’s Super Follows
Even though social networks have been characterized by offering free content, little by little, they have introduced payment for accessing certain premium or subscription advantages.
Now Twitter, more than a decade after its released, is about to launch Super Follows, a feature for content creators to earn some income.
And what is Super Follows?! you may be wondering.
Super Follows is a new feature announced by Twitter that allows content creators to charge followers for accessing extra content.
This is not limited to some privileged content. It may also include newsletters or badges available for these ‘super followers.’
The badges are reminiscent of Twitch, where subscribers of content creators get badges as a sign of a subscription level.
In this way, the follower feels a part of the creator’s community with access to extra content in exchange for a paid amount.
Now let’s see how the Super Follows feature works.
Super Follows: How it works
While the details of the launch of this feature are finalized, (the date of the official release is not known yet), Twitter has left some clues about how “Super Follows” will work.
All we know is thanks to this image that the platform itself shared with us when announcing this feature.
- The cost of this paid access is $ 4.99 per month. This is currently the only rate, although it may vary depending on the number of months you subscribe.
- As a paying member, you can cancel the subscription anytime you want.
- You will be able to access extra content when you buy your membership: Deals and discounts, supporter badge, subscriber-only newsletters, exclusive content, or community access.
The second image shows what super follow content will look like on Twitter.
- The “Super Followers” button appears in the tab above the tweet, which will indicate to whom you want to address the tweet. That is why the screenshot shows ‘Super Followers.’
- Below, in the purple bar box, it indicates that only super followers can view and reply.
The social network continues to move forward to offer content creators an option to generate revenue through subscriptions.
This empowering content strengthens the bond of creators with their community because super followers will get something in return: exclusive content, badges, or deals.
Twitter has not yet made the launch date official, nor the requirements to access this feature.
If you have any questions, we’ll read all your comments.