If you usually search Instagram for different profiles, hashtags or locations, you will have noticed that the application saves this search permanently.
➡️ The explanation is simple, the app maintains this search to make it easier for you to find these accounts that interest you when you search for them again.
However, you may want to eliminate the trail of this search to make way for others that interest you more but you don’t know how to do it.
In a few simple steps you will learn how to delete searches from Instagram.
There are two ways to do it, depending on whether you use the browser to view Instagram or if you do it through the app on mobile devices or tablets.
Eliminate searches from your tablet or mobile
To delete your search on your mobile and tablet, whether you are on Android or iOS, you must follow these steps:
- Go to your profile and click on the icon with three horizontal lines that you will find at the top right.
- Tap on Settings, Security and Clear search history.
- Select delete all or delete account by account of those that appear.
Another way to eliminate the search is to go to the search section or magnifying glass, next to your wall and when starting a search, click on the ‘x’ to delete the ones you want.
Eliminate searches from your mobile browser or from your computer
- Go to Instagram.com and go to your profile, in the upper right corner.
- Click on the wheel that you will see next to edit profile and tap on ‘Privacy and Security’.
- Scroll down to ‘Account data’ and ‘View account data’.
- In ‘Account activity’, ‘Search history’, click ‘View all’.
- Tap on ‘Clear search history’ and delete profiles, locations and hashtags.
Voilà! You already have your search history reset and you can start new searches to have everything under control on your Instagram.
Don’t forget that if you search for that profile, location or hashtag again after deleting it, it will reappear in your searches.
If you don’t want this to happen again and be aware of some Instagram profiles without following or searching for them. There is a way to do it.
One way to quickly review that account without following or having it searched is to save its profile in your saved collection.
Enter the profile and select any publication, in the lower right corner you will have an icon similar to a label that means save. You already have that post saved until the owner removes it.
In this way, you will have the Instagram profile you want handy without having to search for it every time you want to visit it.
Now, you are clear on how to delete your Instagram searches. If you want to learn or see more tips we recommend