- Who you are
- What you do
- Where to find you
How to create a winner Instagram BioA study from Missouri University of Science and Technology revealed that online visitors only need two-tenths of a second to get a first impression of a profile, website or social account and, need another 2.6 seconds for the viewer’s eyes to focus and reconfirm that first impression. What’s the first impression that users form when they visit your Instagram account? Your bio gathers a brief description that speaks to you. Take as much time as you need to write the perfect one.
“Be creative, persuasive and realistic”Let’s analyze all the existing fields on your Instagram Bio one by one.
1. Your name on InstagramWhat’s your name? What’s your brand name? Usernames don’t always allow others to know who you are. It might be that your name has already been used by other users. If this is your case, include your name or your business’ so you can be easily identified. If your username identifies clearly who you are, you don’t need to state your name again in the description. Use it to explain what you do. If you have a personal brand, it’s a good idea to add your specialization or what you do to help position your brand and optimize your profile. If you are ‘famous’ in your sector, you should include in your description your name followed by the word “official”.
2. Essential information to be included in your Instagram Bio
- Your specialty, your sector and what you do. You can explain what you have to offer to your followers as an easy way to introduce persuasive writing in your description.
- Add your location. Don’t forget to include your location or phone number if your strategy is focused on attracting the local public or you have a special interest in a specific area.
- Contact information: Instagram allows you now to include contact buttons with your phone or email without taking space on your bio text. Make sure that future customers can find the way to contact you easily.
3. LinkYou should include the link to your Instagram Bio if you have a website or blog to drive traffic to. Create an attractive call to action before you add your link. You can use phrases or emoji’s for your calls to action.
4. Emoji’sIt’s recommended to use emoji’s in your Instagram bio. They help your profile to be more visual and stand out.
5. Add hashtags or user namesOne of Instagram’s new updates is that the accounts or hashtags that appear in the Bio’s description can be clickable now. If you want to redirect people from one account to another, you should add it to your Bio. Create your own hashtag and include it in your bio to easily spread it. You will know the existing interaction with your brand. If you add it to your bio, users will understand the relationship with your profile and brand.
6. Instagram Stories highlightsThanks to this Instagram’s update, your stories will last more than 24 hours. This new feature will help boost your conversions. Also, with the option of creating folders you can keep your stories more organized and your followers can see everything in the folder that they are interested in.
Examples of great Instagram biosWe have put together some great examples of Instagram bios: Wonderforest. As you can see in the image, she uses several emoji’s and calls to action what makes her bio more dynamic. She also adds her email account and briefly explains what she does. Wordsmeetwalls. This bio also includes several emoji’s. In this case, it mentions another profile to redirect traffic. Leefromamerica. This profile explains everything you will find in her photographs and what she does. It also indicates how exactly get in touch with her and where she is. Thechalkboardmag. This bio includes a clickable hashtag and also a link to a website. It also explains in few words what the account is all about.
Did you like our post?
Apply these tips and take your time to create an Instagram bio that makes your profile stand out ?
It’s your turn now.