Tabla de Contenidos
Table of Contents
Table des Matières
What are Facebook ads?
Facebook Ads allow you to promote your website, app or event. With this platform you can create ads that will appear on the left-hand side of this social network.
Facebook advertising has become one of the most used online ad platforms in the last few years because it segments the audience and lets you choose the group that interests you. By doing so, you maximize the return of your investment and specifically, it transforms your target audience into a future customer.
So, Facebook Ads is one of the multiple actions you can do to create a digital strategy on Facebook. if you want to know more about it here you are:
Advertising on Facebook: The advantages
Here are some of the reasons that you should use Facebook ads for your business if you are not using them yet:
✅ Over one billion people use Facebook, Instagram and Audience Network every day.
✅ Facebook is the most used social network and it’s estimated that users spend over an hour daily on Facebook. This is why, using the world’s most popular platform, you can access every corner of the planet and therefore, reach more users or websites.
✅ Advertising on multiple devices. Facebook ads target your audience on multiple devices: smart phones, tablets or PCs.
✅ Facebook ads can be displayed on Instagram, Facebook and Audience Network. One publication can be used on these three platforms without having to modify anything.
✅ You can choose who can see the ad. Facebook collects all type of info about clients (audiences). Facebook can segment an audience by age, gender, city or by even more complex criteria with all the data saved on their users’ profiles.
✅ Facebook ads give you flexibility. You can create as many campaigns as you want, choose your budget, stop a campaign and include all type of images and descriptions as long they don’t take more than 90 characters.
✅ You can increase the traffic, conversions and sales at a low cost. Besides, you can monitor your ad campaign continuously.
✅ The performance of your ads can be measured automatically so you can know which ones work best for your audience and how effective they are.
FAN PAGE VERSUS PERSONAL ACCOUNT
The reason that a Facebook fan page is a better option than a personal account is that the last has a limitation on the number of people that can be followed. On top of this, Facebook doesn’t allow using your personal account to publicize businesses.
✅ Set up a Facebook ad account for you or your client and get access to it.
✅ Choose a payment method
✅ Finally, you need to set up permissions to the different account participants. That is, organize the administrator, publishers, editors, etc.
1. Define your campaign’s target
The first thing to do to start a campaign is to define and choose a clear target. To do this, Facebook puts at your disposal eleven objectives divided in three different categories:
Awareness: Objective that helps to make your clients be interested on your services. Within this goal you can choose between brand awareness, to boost your brand’s notoriety and get more people interested in it and increase reach.
Consideration: To generate interest amongst your clients and get them to start thinking about your brand. This objective can be subdivided into 6 subcategories: Traffic, to attract traffic to your website or Facebook page. Engagement, to increase interactions on your publications. App installs, if you have an app, this will be your first step to launching it to stardom. Video views, as the name implies, the objective is to get more people to view your videos. Lead generation, the objective is to capture potential clients. Messages, to complete purchases, answer questions and offer support.
Conversions: This objective encourages the people who showed interest in your brand to finally buy your products or services. You can choose between conversions, to attract users to your webpage to reach your sale or downloading goals, catalog sales or store visits.
Then, you must choose the target audience for your Facebook ads.
- Creativity is crucial to plan your campaign.
- To create a product catalog
- Don’t forget to include the address if your objective is to lead clients to a specific location
2.Configure your Facebook ad
Choose the name of your campaign and configure it following these steps: Audience, placements and budget
Choose your target audience
You have several options: core audiences, custom audiences or lookalike audiences. In addition, you must define your audience by demographics, interests and behaviors.
This platform to create Facebook ads, allows you to hyper segment your target audience.
When we talk about core audiences, Facebook lets you choose between several parameters of segmentation such as, demographics, location, interests, behavior and top partners, offering a high reach and precision.
Regarding custom audiences, you can create your own personalized audience through: a customer file, website traffic, app activity, offline activity or engagement.
It’s a good way of getting new customers and gather information about their interests. It will also help you to find new people that will add more value to your business.
You can segment your ads by different criteria:
👉🏽 Location: You can segment your ads geographically
👉🏽 Age: Between 13 and 65+ years old.
👉🏽Gender: With this option you can opt to show your ad only for men or for women.
👉🏽 Language: Choose one or more languages that will be shown on your publications.
👉🏽 Lookalike audiences: Find people who share characteristics and interests with your customers. You must use an audience that is one or two percent similar in order to make the strategy more effective. This segment of the public also includes people who like your page, who have been converted or are usual visitors of your site.
The stats provided by Facebook offer a good way to get to know your customers well and give you as good idea of how to segment the audience. You will obtain information about their likes, their demographics or even their life styles.
The Facebook advertising platform also lets you overlap audiences and share them. With the first option you can compare audiences with at least 10,000 people. You can also share custom and alike audiences within the same business, although there are two restrictions: They can’t be modified or create similar ones.
Choose the placement
After defining your target audience, the next step is to configure where your ads will be shown. They will be shown in different points, but you have the possibility to choose where. You have two options:
- Automatic Placements: Facebook chooses where your ad will be displayed: Facebook, Instagram, Audience Network or even Messenger.
- Edit Placements: With this option you will have the control over where your ads will be shown. You can choose: Device types, platforms, asset customization or choose advanced options, where you can segment by mobile devices.
Budget & Schedule
Now it’s time to decide your budget and schedule. The price of the ads will depend on the settings previously chosen.
- Budget: It’s set for a group of ads and you can choose a daily budget or a budget for a specific period of time.
- Schedule: You can choose a specific duration for your ads or run your ad set continuously.
Facebook Ads Manager gives you more advanced options:
- Optimization for Ad Delivery: Maximize the number of people who will remember seeing your ads.
- Bid Amount: There are two options: Automatic, the bid is set automatically to get the most interactions or impressions at the best price. Manual, you can set a max price to reach your actions.
Costs can be determined in two different ways:
- CPM: Cost per 1000 impressions. You pay for every 1000 times the ad is on screen, even when it does not receive any click.
- CPC: Cost per click. You pay per click performed on the ad.
3. Choose the type of campaign
Depending on the target you have in mind, you can use different types of Facebook ads:
- Photo Ad: This type of advertising allows you to highlight the brand and transmit a message in a more direct and simple way.
- Video Ad: It allows you to tell a story. Video are more and more in use.
- Carousel Ad: This format consists of showing several videos or images in a row, up to 10. It’s also a good option to tell a story.
- Lead Ad: It collects info from users from a fill out form
- Slideshow ad: A video created with the combination of other images or videos
- Canvas Ad: It can be customized and loads very fast.
- Dynamic Ad: It promotes products automatically to people who are already interested in your brand. Through these dynamic ads you can reach the right users and impact people who have visited your webpage.
- Collection Ad: Specific for phones. It has the advantage of showing up to 50 products without leaving Facebook. You can use templates to create your own format increasing the probability of getting more conversions.
- What type of ad should you use depending on your strategy?
The format you use for your campaign will depend on your goals setting.
- If your goal is awareness: it’s best to use Canvas, images and text, videos or carousel ads.
- If your goal is consideration: Image and text or carousel ads.
- If your goal is conversion: Dynamic ads would be the best format.
So, you know now how to create your Facebook ads. However, there are yet more important things to discover about your ads and campaigns.
Facebook ads A/B testing: What is it and what is it for?
An A/B testing is a comparison between different versions of ad sets to determine which one is the most effective. These variations will be shown randomly to the audience.
Thanks to a statistical analysis you can uncover which variation works best.
You can create a split test with these variables:
- Audiences: You can compare up to three types of audiences.
- Delivery optimization: You can customize it choosing between optimize for impressions versus optimize for conversions.
- Placements: For example, it allows you to compare automatic placements vs. recommended placements.
- Creative: It helps you understand what images, videos, text, headlines or call-to-action (CTA) works best with your audience
You will be notified of the results by email. The best ad set will be the one with the lowest cost per result.
What is Facebook tracking pixel?
Facebook pixel measures your Facebook ad campaign conversions, publishes ads for dynamic products, accesses stats and optimizes deliveries. Besides, with the tracking pixel you have the option of downloading personalized reports.
Thanks to the results that this pixel offers, you can build customizable audiences or even products. You can also adapt your ads to be shown to people who are more likely to help you reach your main goals.
HOW TO INSTALL FB PIXEL ON YOUR WEBSITE
There is only one pixel per account, not one per ad campaign.
If you don’t know how to install it, you can click here
Facebook ads stats
It’s a bit tedious accessing all Facebook ads metrics and, Power Editor is quite complex. In any case, with Facebook ads you can get metrics like:
- The reach of your campaign
- The number of interactions
- The number of clicks and conversions.
- The return on investment
Metricool has a feature that lets you connect your Facebook ads. With this tool you save time and can group your ad campaigns by days, weeks, months or customize the period of time that you want to monitor.
It also provides graphics, that allow you to follow your metrics and track your ad campaign results in a visual way.
That’s all for now. If you have any doubt, remember that we read your comments.