Like most websites, we use own and third party cookies for analytical purposes and to show you personalised advertising or based on your browsing habits.
Generally, the information does not directly identify you, but can provide you with a more personalised web experience. Because we respect your right to privacy, you may choose not to allow us to use certain cookies. However, blocking some types of cookies may affect your experience on the site and the services we can offer.
Yes, you heard right 😱
Now your Google My Business profile can have followers of your brand.
It seems that ever since Google missed out on success with Google+, it has been focused on unifying social network functions with local businesses.
What do you need to do to gain followers on Google My Business? First a quick overview of the process:
- Download the Google Maps application.
- Search for a business through this App and click on it.
- See your followers through the Google My Business App.
The process of becoming a follower can only be verified through the Google My Business app on mobile phones or tablets. This function does not exist on the control panel of the computer.
How to become a follower of a local business on Google Maps ?
As mentioned before, there are three steps.
- Open the Google Maps app and search for the name of the local business.
The map appears and below it, the company information with directions on how to get there. You can start the route or save the information.
- On the business listing, swipe up and the company information will open. Don’t touch any buttons just drag up from the top, the small grey horizontal line on a white background.
- Just below the name and type of company appears the option “continue”. This information will only appear in the company listing and from the Google My Business App. Click, follow and voila…
¡You are now a follower!
How to see your followers in Google My Business?
Again three easy steps and all you need is to have the app downloaded on your mobile or tablet. Remember that this option is not available with the computer version.
- Enter the Google My Business application and click on customers.
- The followers option appears in the main menu.
- Click and you can see the people who follow you. Although you cannot interact with them, you can enter their profiles and see their contributions and reviews of other businesses and if they are Local Guides or not.
Why have followers on Google My Business?
This feature is new and simple, and has great potential to benefit your business or brand..
✅ Your followers receive direct information about your publications, offers and schedule changes.
✅ They are followers interested in your business or brand, so they can end up becoming fans or purchasing clients.
HERE YOU HAVE A COMPREHENSIVE OVERVIEW OF GOOGLE MY BUSINESS
It’s possible Google maps and Google My Business will become Google’s new prominent social network.
For now, keep track of your followers on Google My Business.