PPC stands for pay-per-click. It’s an advertising model for the internet in which advertisers pay for publicizing their products on a website or search engine. Each time users click on the ad, it will be guided to the advertiser’s site. This system has three forms of payment:
- Cost per Click (CPC): Advertisers only pay per click made by users.
- Cost per impressions (CPM): Advertisers pay a fee for the number of times an ad is published.
- Cost per acquisition(CPA): Advertisers pay when users have fulfilled the objective.
Marketing PPC is a direct response tool to boost sales and attract new customers. The key is to create relevant ads with the objective to reach new customers and optimize the website to make users take an action easily.
The ads run on Google will normally appear on the right side or in the first positions.
PPC also is a type of publicity on Facebook Ads:
PPC is used to run any type of campaign with the objective of:
- Increasing sales
- Creating leads
- Promoting brands
What are the benefits of PPC?
- First, you pay only for actual results since it is direct marketing. That is, you pay each time a user clicks on your ads.
- In some platforms like AdWords, you can locate your product directly to the users that are interested or looking for the same type of products.
- PPC system reveals information about ads: the number of clicks or impressions received.
- If the campaign doesn’t succeed, it’s possible to make changes on the go.
- It’s a good internet strategy for businesses that offer online products or services because it converts clicks to sales very easily and in a direct way.
- You can select the geographic zones where you’d like your ads to be displayed.
- You set the budget that you want to invest.
More information about managing online ad campaigns with Metricool by clicking here.
There are search engines like Google, Yahoo or Bing that have their own advertising platforms. There are also other platforms that allow you to advertise in other websites.
This is the most popular platform using the PPC model. AdWords is oriented to all kind of businesses. Google chooses the ads that will be shown in each search based on an auction and algorithm that value them according to how effective and relevant these ads are in relation to the keywords that users search.
Similar to AdWords, it displays ads on Bing and Yahoo.
All ads that are inserted in this social network are paid for clicks. On Facebook there are different types of ads.
How to create and optimize a PPC campaign
An essential step to design this type of campaign is to choose the right keywords for your ad. You can use some tools that will help you to find out what potential customers search on the Internet. Another key step before running a campaign is to select the link that will lead users to the website in which you want them to take an action, such as buying your products. Optimizing the landing page is crucial to generate sales.
And this is all!
You can learn more about digital marketing in our dictionary…
We are reading your comments!